We believe in developing a team based approach to initiatives related to enhancing service delivery, image and the marketing of products/services. A 12-week team concept would be critical to success as we help you develop a written plan with assigned tasks and responsibilities for members of a super-team and sub-teams. The revenue enhancement plan would have goals and weekly accountabilities to be accomplished. There would also be a clear understanding of responsibilities as they are developed within the plan.
Our marketing, i.e., revenue enhancement projects will include three phases (research, implementation, and generalization). Maun-Lemke, with Clint Maun as the project coordinator, will complete these phases usually within a three to four month time period. Each of these phases would be completed in a customized manner as follows:
- Assessment Phase. During this phase we would be involved in collecting information to allow us to make an effective and efficient assessment of where the organization currently stands in its’ marketing efforts. This includes how a marketing/revenue enhancement project affects the retention of quality personnel. This important first step allows us to complete the necessary staff interviews, customer interviews, studies and surveys to help in developing a blueprint for success in rolling out this project. We will also review existing practices, procedures, activities and commitment levels in the organization. This allows us to take a look at the market, competitors and how the facility performs in it’s marketplace. During the Assessment Phase we would include any or all of the following as applicable:
- Review existing documents, brochures, marketing materials, etc.
- Mystery Shop the facility(s) by phone to access where the facility(s) is with their marketing and sales public image.
- Mystery Shop in person a few key locations if applicable.
- Look at all the hoops, barriers or obstacles that might get in the way of assisting and securing a new customer.
- Interview key corporate individuals and facility-based personnel.
- Review current key indicators of success on customer satisfaction and marketing.
- Review critical documents from state regulatory agencies.
- Develop an understanding of market location, competitors and
- Assess the strengths/weaknesses the facility brings to the table in its customer service/marketing efforts.
- Complete a referral service analysis.
- Conduct physician interviews and a medical director assessment.
- Prepare a written report of our Assessment Phase to be used for the blueprinting process in the next two phases.
- Implementation Phase. The implementation phase develops appropriate team training, team activity and critical staff training. Through this implementation phase Maun-Lemke’s involvement includes ongoing telephone, fax, mail and live facilitation of the team’s efforts. It is also in this phase that we develop the appropriate approach for sales, customer service and marketing that are customized to the location:
- Review of the assessment process.
- Development of a 12-week marketing plan for implementation. This includes development of customized sales/marketing goals to base accountability as it relates to our P.O.W.E.R. philosophy.
- Development of a corporate customer service/marketing team if applicable.
- Development of the pilot project methodology for implementation in the field (if applicable).
- Training the staff and management teams for motivated involvement in the marketing effort to include phone handling skills.
- Developing the train the trainer efforts that need to take place in assuring a corporate team is capable of carrying on the function (if applicable).
- Developing in coordination with management the incentives/rewards and accountability systems.
- Designing appropriate systems for notification of staff concerning inquiries and customized marketing tours.
- Develop the position necessary in the community to be effective with physicians, discharge planners and other key referral sources.
- Assistance in strategic market "mapping".
- Developing sales skills for greater closing ratios.
- Providing sets of our products and materials.
- Developing a specific set of live visits with agendas to discuss the implementation process by your corporate team.
- Organizing a set of phone conferences with agendas to discuss issues of implementation between live visits.
- Review of all fax and mail correspondence concerning the project.
- Review of the weekly accountability update reports from the facility.
- Making specific recommendations throughout the Implementation Phase that would allow us to "tweak" the process as we go.
- Assistance in setting the design of the evaluation and target goals necessary to measure success/return on investment in the process.
- The development of a tracking system for sales and marketing that could be a pilot project for the entire organization in the future.
- The development of any proactive marketing materials necessary for customized sales and marketing efforts.
- Generalization Phase. The Generalization Phase allows the facility to develop its own customized efforts for customer service/revenue enhancement. We would develop a methodology for continuation of the plan as part of a systematic cultural change that takes place on an on-going basis in the organization. The ownership of the project would be transferred to a responsible facility rather than becoming a corporate program or worse yet, a consultant driven program. This customization to each facility is critical and is based upon what is found in the Assessment Phase and during the Implementation Phase.
This customization creates the true success of the program because it develops as stated above meaningful ownership at the facility level. If this is to work, multiple facilities would develop their own 12 week marketing teams based upon what was learned from the corporate team and from the successful implementation at a pilot location (if applicable). The specific areas of this phase includes:
- Making realistic recommendations regarding advertisements to be purchased and a system of development.
- Resurvey of the market, physicians, customers and competition as necessary.
- Developing ongoing methods of facilitation by Maun-Lemke utilizing fax, telephone and mail correspondence.
- Developing the organization’s ability to prepare and implement the next 12-week Marketing Team.
- Making recommendations and evaluations to the organization concerning the project’s success/continuation.
This is a very intense effort. There would also be sub-teams involved that would dedicate themselves to the revenue enhancement teams’ guidance. It is important this type of project be given top priority in the organization.
As with all of our processes, our services are delivered with a 100% unconditional money back guarantee. We are confident we can assist organizations in achieving success. If you are interested in more information concerning a Maun-Lemke consulting partnership, please contact us for further information and assistance.