The National Speakers Association is an organization dedicated to advancing the standard of excellence in the speaking profession. The designation of Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) is awarded to those individuals who have completed a comprehensive application process and met the following criteria set by NSA:
- Maintain membership in NSA for three consecutive years and subscribe to its Code of Professional Ethics.
- Submit names of 100 different clients to whom they have presented in the previous five years.
- Submit a detailed listing of 250 speaking engagements for which they were compensated at a professional fee level during the previous five years, with no fewer then 20 presentations per year.
- Submit a significant amount of testimonial letters from clients who recommend them as a professional speaker.
- Continue education in the field of professional speaking through NSA educational programs, earning a minimum of 30 educational units within the previous five years.
- Submit a copy of professionally prepared promotional material.
A CSP is a dedicated professional with a proven track record of continuing speaking excellence!